What are your sustainability goals?
As part of Berry Global, materials are at the heart of every product we manufacture. Our sustainability strategy, Impact 2025, highlights efforts in many areas:
- Lightweight products
- Design 100% of packaging to be reusable, recyclable, or compostable
- Achieve 10% recycled content across fast-moving consumer goods packaging
- Encourage the development of renewable materials
- Reduce greenhouse gases emissions by 25% by 2025 (vs 2016 baseline)
- Reduce landfill waste by 5% each year
- Partnering with organisations such as the Alliance to End Plastic Waste, Ellen McArthur Foundation, Operation Clean Sweep and EDANA.
Further information on Berry’s sustainability can be found here.
For decades TERRAM materials have provided sustainable solutions by reducing the amount and enhancing the performance of raw materials used in building, civil engineering and infrastructure construction. TERRAM’s range of ground reinforcement solutions such as gravel filled Bodpave 85 plastic porous paving systems are made from 100% recycled plastic waste and have a much lower carbon footprint compared to traditional surfaces like asphalt and concrete. Geosynthetic materials used beneath railtrack ballast provide a more sustainable method of construction offering cost, time and carbon savings by reducing excavation, reducing export of spoil & eliminating the need to import sand.
Independent Life Cycle Analysis of geosynthetic materials commissioned by the EAGM (European Association of Geoynthetic Manufacturers) clearly demonstrates the sustainability benefits of TERRAM geosynthetic materials. Follow this link below for more details: